The Best Vegan Desserts Even Non-Vegans Will Love
Whether you’re vegan, lactose intolerant or are simply craving something sweet, these indulgent treats are sure to satisfy.
No matter how much more popular veganism is becoming these days, some people can’t shake the perception that all egg- and dairy-free desserts must taste like flavorless slabs of sandpaper. Clearly, these people have never tried any of these 100 percent vegan recipes.
Along with more and more vegan cafes, restaurants, food blogs and meat, and dairy alternatives, these recipes prove being vegan is not a difficult (or boring) lifestyle.
Here are five of the best vegan desserts for everyone to enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases for my referral at no extra cost to you! See Disclosure
One-bowl Chocolate Hazelnut Cake Recipe:
For when you need a birthday cake (or just feel like cake, no judgment here), this one-bowl chocolate hazelnut cake is the answer. Rich, moist, mega chocolatey and hazelnutty, this is basically like Nutella in cake form, which we have no problems with whatsoever.
While there isn’t any Nutella actually in the cake, it has all of the essential components: Creaminess, chocolaty-ness, and loads of roasted hazelnuts!
This cake gets extra height from a solid layer of roasted hazelnuts + more on top! They also provide a healthy crunch to the cake.
- 4 batches flax eggs (4 Tbsp (18 g) flaxseed meal + 10 Tbsp)
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 scant cup maple syrup or agave nectar (sub honey if not vegan)
- 2/3 cup cane or granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce (or another hearty fruit puree, such as beets)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (if clumpy, sift)
- 1 cup almond meal (finely ground from raw almonds)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour (finely ground from raw oats)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend*
Frosting / Toppings:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 1/4 cups dairy-free dark or semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or softened vegan butter (cut into slices // such as Earth Balance)
- 1 1/4 – 2 cups powdered sugar (ensure vegan-friendliness)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted unsalted hazelnuts
*For this cake, you can use the Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 gluten-free flour blend.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 16 slices)
- Calories: 444
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 12.5g
- Sodium: 82mg
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sugar: 35g
- Protein: 6.3g
Spiced Whiskey Peach Cinnamon Rolls Recipe:
Simmer some peaches in a spiced maple whiskey sauce, stuff them into fluffy cinnamon rolls, top with some vegan vanilla icing and all your sweet food dreams will come true.
For the Dough:
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 ¼ tsp)
- 1 cup warm water (100°F)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (for rolling out dough)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (to oil the bowl for proofing)
For the Spiced Peaches:
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled and diced (approximately 3 cups)
- 1 cup Spicebox Canadian spiced whiskey (or bourbon)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
For the Filling:
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
For the Icing:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter (softened)
- 1 Tbsp non-dairy milk (or water)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Raw Vanilla Cheesecake with Chocolate Almond Crust Recipe:
Vegans and non-vegans alike will love this creamy cheesecake. Top with fresh berries or fresh lemon curd for a light finish to any meal.
Chocolate Almond Crust
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked for at least 3 hours
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 8 Medjool dates pitted
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Vanilla Cheesecake Filling
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours
- ⅓ cup agave nectar (or 1/2 cup maple syrup for non-raw version)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or the inside of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
Vegan Chocolate Brownies Recipe:
Gooey, rich, fudgy and seriously chocolatey, these vegan brownies are a joy to eat and will win you lots of, well, brownie points. And you only need a handful of everyday ingredients to make them. Serve with ice cream for extra tastiness.
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 200 g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 170 g self-raising flour
- 3 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 180 g golden caster sugar
- sea salt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 230 ml unsweetened organic soya milk
- 200 g pecan nuts
Chocolate Cupcakes With Chocolate Avocado Icing Recipe:
With a rich and fluffy chocolate base, these cupcakes are topped with a decadent chocolate icing made with a secret ingredient: avocado. Just give it a go before you knock it.
- 1¼ cups spelled flour (or blend of white/wheat)
- ¾ cup agave syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 very ripe avocados
- ¼ cup chopped baking chocolate (around 65% cacao)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup almond milk
- pinch of salt
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! If you make a purchase through the link, it won’t cost you more but I may earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I personally use and love!
Did you make these recipes? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lazy_girl_tips
Leave a comment, rate it, pin it, share it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #lazy_girl_tips on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!