This Low-Carb Keto Mozzarella sticks recipe is going to curb all those mozzarella stick cravings right here and now.
These low-carb mozzarella sticks are breaded in egg, parmesan cheese instead of breadcrumbs, and Almond flour but they’re still delicious low-carb perfection. They’re also easy to make!
Here’s how you can make your own low-carb mozzarella sticks without bread crumbs.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases for my referral at no extra cost to you! See Disclosure
Low-Carb Keto Mozzarella Sticks Recipe:
- 12 Mozzarella sticks string cheese, cut in half
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- In a bowl combine almond flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs.
- One at a time coat your mozzarella stick halves in egg and then toss in the coating mixture. As you finish place them in a resealable container. If you have to make more than 1 layer place parchment paper between the layers of mozzarella sticks.
- Place the breaded cheese sticks on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and place in Philips AirFryer.
- Set to 400 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open-air fryer and let stand for 1 minute before moving low-carb mozzarella sticks to a plate.
[bs_icon name=”glyphicon glyphicon-file”] Note: The Philips AirFryer retains some of its heat for a while so if you are making multiple batches you’ll want to lower the time a little as you go on.
We started at 5 minutes for our first batch and then went down to 4 minutes after that.
- Place the breaded cheese sticks on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and freeze completely. When frozen, place the cookie sheet into a preheated oven (400 F) and bake for 4-5 minutes. You may need to turn them once to brown all the way around.
Deep Fry Instructions:
- Place the breaded cheese sticks on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and freeze completely. When frozen, warm your oil to 365 F. Carefully lower the cheese sticks into at least 3 inches of oil or more for about 1 minute each.
Pan Fry Instructions:
- Place the breaded cheese sticks on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and freeze completely. When frozen, put some oil in a skillet and fry each stick, rotating at about 1 minute on each side or until they are golden brown all the way around.
Leave a comment, rate it, pin it, share it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #lazy_girl_tips on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!