A skin condition characterized by tearing of the skin’s middle layer with profound skin layers showing on the surface is called a stretch mark.
They can be seen as silver-white marks. Generally, they can be visible mostly in pregnant women, but we cannot blame only pregnancy for this condition.
Stretch marks can affect both women and men.
There are lots of factors for this condition, including:
- Fast weight gain – Gaining a lot of extra pounds means more stretching of the skin and it may tear up, however, these skin marks may eventually fade away after losing weight again
- Puberty – Puberty may also be a problem for stretch marks to occur as growing is accelerated through those years.
- Inappropriate use of corticosteroids – Collagen protein, is the reason for the firm skin and elasticity and corticosteroids can decrease the collagen levels, and as a result stretch marks may come about.
- Genetics – Having someone close in your family with stretch marks problems, the chances are that you will have them too over time.
How To Remove Stretch Marks Naturally
These marks are very stubborn and hard to fade away, although in some cases if not completely the skin will recover and the stretch marks will fade.
So in order to help yourself and your skin to recover quickly here are some effective, proven natural remedies:
– Oil Massage of the Affected Area
Cod liver, olive, vitamin E, flaxseed, or coconut oil are just some of the oils you can use for massaging the area where the skin is stretched to ease and tighten it up.
– Exercise Regularly
Workouts are by far one of the best methods to reduce stretched skin marks. This is because exercise and activity will shape your body and increase your skin’s flexibility.
– Drink Lots of Water
Our skin is consistent with 64% of water, which means that you need on a regular basis to keep your body hydrated and stay away from sodas and coffee.
– Apply aloe vera gel
Aloe vera is a plant that has surprised everyone with its many health benefits over the years.
It contains vital nutrients that are useful in the treatment of numerous skin issues, similar as sunburns, wrinkles, pimple inflammation, cuts, and eczema.
Likewise, it is very effective against stretch marks. To make use of it for a torn skin, basically cut a leaf straightforwardly from the aloe plant and apply the gel to the influenced zone.
Dead skin cells are removed by exfoliation making room for new skin to show up.
There are many ways to remove stretch marks and be sure of that.
You may try creams and lotions promising you certain results which end up not as expected, instead, try out the above natural remedies to create a healthy environment for your skin.